FC Barcelona vs. Inter Milan Tickets

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sweet Carrot & Radish Salad On The Side


This post was originally published as Healthy Side Dish: Sweet Carrot & Radish Salad  by Laurel on Health Food blog.
I went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant with some girlfriends last week and my shrimp and vegetable enchiladas came with a delicious carrot salad on the side. I loved how fresh, summery, and crunchy it was. Plus it was super healthy and light. I re-created my own carrot salad today and used some of the fresh spearmint that’s growing on my windowsill. This one is very easy to make and will last for days in the refrigerator. I hope you like it!
You can serve this salad with fish, chicken, or vegetables. It’s also just yummy on it’s own.

Sweet Carrot & Radish Salad

2 large carrots
1 daikon radish (a 4-inch piece)
2 small/medium oranges
1 handful fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup orange juice

Chop up the carrots and radish into thin half-moon or quarter-moon slices (as shown in picture above). Put them in a bowl. Cut the oranges up into small bite-sized pieces and toss with the carrots and radish. Chop up a handful of fresh mint leaves and sprinkle on top of the salad. Add the orange juice and stir everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment