FC Barcelona vs. Inter Milan Tickets

Friday, March 11, 2011

Break from your to-do list and all your rules

This post was originally published as Healthy Vacation Prep by Laurel on Health Food blog.
This weekend I’m going on a long overdue girl’s trip to a bed and breakfast and a few small wineries. My friends and I are so excited to be together and get a break from our regular routines. Going on vacations are sooooo nice, but they can put a damper on your healthy habits. I find that even if I’m in great shape, taking a few days off exercise and healthy eating makes it hard on my body to get back to my good habits when vacation is over.
Overall, I like to keep a low-key attitude on vacation. I stick to my regular routine when possible, but I’m still going to enjoy myself and have some splurges. This weekend I know we’re going to get some splurge food like pizza or BBQ. I know that we’ll probably drink too much wine and eat more than normal. Plus, I know I’m not going to any dance classes. It’s just the facts.
But, part of vacation is relaxing and letting yourself have a break from your to-do list and all your rules.  I like to plan some healthy habits in advance so the trip is enjoyable, and I can still feel great when I get back. Here’s my list for this weekend:
  • Bring my favorite tea bags and packets of stevia in my purse. This way I always have my favorite breakfast pick-me-up, no matter where we are.
  • Bring my yoga pants so I can do light stretching and pilates exercises in the morning while I’m waiting to take a shower (4 girls with one bathroom should leave PLENTY of time).
  • Schedule in exercise as part of the fun. My girls and I plan to do an outdoor hike one of the days to soak up some fresh air and sunshine.
  • Order vegetables or salads for side dishes. This is an easy request for almost any restaurant.
  • Bring my water bottle everywhere so I am really hydrated and energetic.
  • Relax and breathe. Vacation is the time to de-stress and enjoy life to the fullest.
I’ll be sure to snap a few pics of my food while I’m gone (I just can’t help myself) and maybe share one or two on the blog next week. Cheers! Wishing everyone a great weekend.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment