FC Barcelona vs. Inter Milan Tickets

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Big Portobello Mushroom Burger

This post was originally published as Portobello Mushroom Burger by Laurel on Health Food.
I found some huge organic portobello mushrooms at Whole Foods over the weekend, and my first thought was BURGER! As you know, a portobello mushroom burger is probably the most common vegetarian dish on restaurant menus. Everyone loves burgers, and while mushroom burgers are a veggie dish, most omnivores enjoy them because they taste great and have a “meaty” texture. A big portobello mushroom is a wonderful healthy hamburger substitute because it’s low in calories and obviously doesn’t contain any fat or cholesterol.

I made a portobello mushroom burger for lunch today and used my stovetop grill pan with a small drizzle of olive oil to grill the mushroom for about 5 minutes on each side. For toppings, I had slices of roasted red bell pepper, fresh arugula, yellow mustard, and grapeseed oil vegenaise.  The bun was a fluffy vegan sesame kaiser roll from Bread Alone Bakery. It was so satisfying!

I’m definitely looking forward to eating another one for lunch tomorrow. Maybe I’ll try some leftover pesto on there.
Portobello Mushroom Burger

No comments:

Post a Comment